I can provision an Azure SQL server database to be the back-end for your Microsoft Access database front-end. So basically, your MS Access front-end sits locally on your laptops/PC’s and links to the data tables within an SQL database in the cloud.
This network configuration now means that you will benefit from:
1. You are able to use your database from any location with an internet connection.
2. No more Compact/Repair necessary.
3. A mirror copy of your database tables can be held at a different data centre.
4. No limit to the amount of data you are able to store.
5. The 2 gigabyte file size imposed by MS Access no longer applies.
6. The SQL Server can handle many more concurrent users than Access.
7. Able to further develop the front-end without disrupting the database users.
8. Able to send each user an updated front-end as required.
9. While still having the ability to conveniently develop the front-end using Microsoft access, your data tables are now held in a much more robust SQL database.